Grant Miller Memorial Hall

This neat little building was originally (1839-1929) a meeting place of the Glasites, a small, independent denomination founded in the early 18th century by John Glas, former Minister of Tealing, near Dundee. It later served as a church hall for St Paul’s, and more recently as a fitness club.The Glasites were nicknamed locally as “The Kail Kirkers”, from their habit of eating meals together, after weekly communion. John Glas was connected by marriage to the well-known Sandeman family in Perth, so his movement was also known as the Sandemanians.

Grant Miller